Continuation of Why I Hate Taylor Swift.
- Homophobic song lyrics (she later apologized and changed the song lyrics)
- Posing with a neo-nazi with a swastika on his shirt (she says that she didn’t realize what was on his shirt… LOL)
- Appropriation of the kimono/geisha imagery
- Appropriated cornrows as a child
- Perpetuates the virgin/whore, Madonna/whore, good girl/bad girl dichotomy with slut-shaming lyrics such as “she’s not a saint and she’s not what you think/ she’s an actress and she’s better known for the things that she does on the mattress“. It’s important to note that she alludes to having sex herself “there’s a drawer of my things at your place“, but still criticizes other women for doing it.
- Perpetuates the myth that women are only worth their virginities with lyrics such as “Abigail gave everything she had to a boy who changed his mind“. Her virginity was “everything she had“. Not her intelligence or talent or kindness or anything, just her virginity. (The Abigail mentioned in the song, a friend of Swift’s, says Swift used that wording because those were the words Abigail had used.)
- Voted for Trump / Hitler and brags about it.
- Perpetuates the myth that women need men to save them
- Plays at being the ugly, unwanted outsider despite being a thin, attractive, wealthy, white woman. Apparently glasses = ugly loser.
That why we hate Taylor Swift.